Spera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X
Cycle 3

Race Census M F
Human 2 1
Linzin 1 2
Elenor 1 2
Ul'Torin - -
Draconean 1 1
Ronoan - -
Avial - -
Jingai - 1
Total 5 7
Latest topics
» Fairy Tail Serenity Advert
New race? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm by Guest

» Sao's AD
New race? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 am by Guest

» Naruto Mirage
New race? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 am by Guest

» Stories of Tonan
New race? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm by Guest

» Affiliation Offer
New race? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm by Guest

» HEAD SHOT, a superhuman-zombie roleplay
New race? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:09 pm by Guest

» Illusions of Grandeur[IF]Magic, Supernatural, and+
New race? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am by Guest

» Blood & Shadow
New race? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 am by Guest

» Whirlpool Weyr: A DRoP AU (IF)
New race? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm by Guest

New race?

2 posters

Go down

New race? Empty New race?

Post by Elaninde Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Putting off my Elenor creation for a bit, I wondered if it would be possible to make a new race for the board? Probably the most diverse species because it is a mixture of several other races all combined into one being. I like to call them the Jingai. They're a combination of Draconean, Elenor, a bit of Ronoan, and some human characteristics to create them. Their most stunning features include their unique horns that are always different per individual and range in colors, shapes, and sharpness. As well as their horns, their eyes bear the slitted pupil of their Draconean ancestors as well. That's where their Draconean heritage ends, though. They do not have the wings or scales. Some have tails, but that is from their Ronoan ancestry and is a relatively new addition to the species. Their bodies are humanoid mixtures of Elenor and human, with an incredibly rare genetic trait that allows their Elenor ears to be a dominant genetic trait. They have a wide variety of skin tones, eye colors, and hair colors due to their interracial ancestry.

Female Example 1 : Female Example 2
Male Example 1 : Male Example 2

Racism, sexism, or discrimination of any kind is absolutely nonexistent in their society. They tolerate and even encourage their youth to actively seek out and mingle with other races, build relationships and find their own place in the world. Although not isolated by choice, their homestead exists on a massive archipelago of floating islands chained together with large stone and metal chains that bend and contort in demand of the elements. Because their home land is always moving throughout the world and never stays put, it is immensely difficult to find and even more difficult to fly up to. Those who choose to leave the home archipelago and see the world usually do so with the knowledge they may never return home again. There have been attempts throughout the ages to anchor the floating chain of islands, but the forces that drive the land always win and it escapes capture. Due to their inability to import, their key skills involve alchemy, various solidification magics, and chemistry to stay alive and they focus on crafts, technology, sciences, and philosophy rather than militaristic skills. With a land so difficult to get to, they've never been invaded or had a civil war. Visitors who do manage to find their way up to the islands are usually met with celebration and encouraged to tell stories and share their knowledge to all eager to listen. On top of all else, there's nothing they love more than foreigners.

The males of the species typically live one hundred and fifty or so years while females can live up to their five hundreds. On their islands, the women are very picky about their mates, choosing a male with the most unique or favorable features for their preference of attraction. It's usually the women who take the initiative to seek out a romantic relationship with a male, which makes it a very competitive environment due to the males' significantly shorter lifespans. The population on the islands does manage to stay near the 50-50 point though, with males slightly leading in population currently. Outside of the archipelago, is a different story entirely. With a whole world of lovers to chose from, rarely will a Jingai settle with one of their own kind and they will actively seek romantic relationships with exotic and new races. Their numbers on the island chain stay stable at around 3.2 million spread out amongst the islands. A few ten thousand or so may be living on the ground mixed in with several countries and races.

Whew, that was fun to write. Hope we can see this unique race join the ranks. ^^
Elaninde
Elaninde
Beginner

Warning Level :
New race? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New race? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

New race? Empty Re: New race?

Post by Demi Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm

My god.

This is perfect. Just... perfect. This will be added. Post-haste.

God, you're on a roll! Great work!
Demi
Demi
Head of Spera

Warning Level :

https://sperarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

New race? Empty Re: New race?

Post by Elaninde Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm

I can summarize their culture a little better if you'd like me to. Some key features of their race that I wanted to define didn't make it into your post in the listing. ^^;

Code:
[center][size=23][b]Jingai[/b][/size]

[size=11]Created by [url=http://sperarpg.rpg-board.net/t233-new-race#615]Elaninde[/url].[/size][/center]

[b]Pronunciation[/b] Jingai | jin-guy
[b]Singular[/b] Jingai | (jin-guy)
[b]Plural[/b] Jingai | (jin-guy)

[size=18]Key Physical Traits[/size]
[list][*]Have a mix between Elenor, Draconean, and Ronoan blood.
[*]Have horns as their signature appearance. Vary between many type of skin.
[*][url=http://i.imgur.com/CIxGu37.png]Female Image Reference 1[/url]. [url=http://i.imgur.com/O2E8HU5.jpg]Female Image Reference 2[/url].
[*][url=http://i.imgur.com/DFgZTml.jpg]Male Image Reference 1[/url]. [url=http://i.imgur.com/0VcOJIc.png]Male Image Reference 2[/url]. [/list]

[size=18]Customs and Culture[/size]
Due to their inability to import, their key skills involve alchemy, various solidification magics, and chemistry to stay alive and they focus on crafts, technology, sciences, and philosophy rather than militaristic skills, which are not required in the slightest due to the difficulty the rest of the world has finding them. Their numbers on the island chain stay stable at around 3.2 million spread out amongst the islands. A few ten thousand or so may be living on the ground mixed in with several countries and races, who gladly welcome their skills with exotic artesian crafting and ingenuity not found anywhere else in the world except their elusive archipelago.

On their islands, the women are very picky about their mates, choosing a male with the most unique or favorable features for their preference of attraction. It's usually the women who take the initiative to seek out a romantic relationship with a male, which makes it a very competitive environment due to the males' significantly shorter lifespans. Outside of the archipelago is a different story entirely. With a whole world of lovers to chose from, rarely will a Jingai settle with one of their own kind and they will actively seek romantic relationships with exotic and new races.

[size=18]Typical Physical Features[/size]
[table][tr][td][b]Hair Color[/b] [/td][td]Various [/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Eye Color[/b] [/td][td]Various [/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Skin Color[/b] [/td][td]Various[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Skin Type[/b] [/td][td]Various [/td][/tr][/table]

[size=18]Discriminatory Records[/size]
[b]Racism, Sexism:[/b] Low
[i]Racism, sexism, or discrimination of any kind is absolutely nonexistent in their society. They tolerate and even encourage their youth to actively seek out and mingle with other races, build relationships, and find their own place in the world.[/i]

[b]Isolation:[/b] Very High
[i]Although not isolated by choice, their homestead exists on a massive archipelago of floating islands chained together with large stone and metal chains that bend and contort in demand of the elements. Because their home land is always moving throughout the world and never stays put, it is immensely difficult to find and even more difficult to fly up to. Visitors who do manage to find their way up to the islands are usually met with celebration and encouraged to tell stories and share their knowledge to all eager to listen. On top of all else, there's nothing they love more than foreigners.[/i]

[size=18]Life Expectancy & Population Rates[/size]
[b][color=skyblue]Male[/color]:[/b] 151 years
[b][color=pink]Female[/color]:[/b] 522 years

[b]Total:[/b] 3.2 Million
[list][b]Male:[/b] 53%
[b]Female:[/b] 47%[/list]
Elaninde
Elaninde
Beginner

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down